Karachi is a big and fast developing country, which means we have more vehicles each day on the road therefore we have more air pollution.
Why Worry For Kids?
1. Children take in more air (pollution) when they breathe as compared to adults.
2. Children’s lungs are developing. They are more prone to lungs diseases because of pollutants.
3. Children play outdoor for longer periods.
4. Children breathe faster and more deeply when they are active. This allows pollution to reach more sensitive areas of the lungs.
Tips to protect children:-
1. In the car always keep the windows closed and turn on the Air conditioner. The AC works like a filter it collects the air from the inside and throws it out. And avoid traveling during rush hours with children that’s when the pollution levels are highest.
2. Limit outdoor play time especially during the evening. Morning activities are best but since it’s not possible with school going kids, evening play should start after 5:30.
3. Develop a habit of drinking lots of water. Water flushes down all the toxins and pollutants. And especially when coming home from outside.