At some point in ones lives people feel the need to contact a lawyer.
Be it property issues, immigration issues or divorce concerns.
And I personally believe that settling matters in accordance of proper law saves your from mental stress and wasting time.
Although in Pakistan people generally have a trust deficit issue, when it comes to hiring other people for your own work, owing to the general lack of law and order in the country, sometimes we are left with no other choice.
But no matter how bad the situation is, lawyers in Karachi have been practicing for many years and some of them have a very good reputation and most of the people are satisfied with their services.
Some Basic Information about Lawyers in Pakistan
Lawyers in Pakistan are called advocates.
To become a lawyer first the candidate must acquire a bachelor degree and then complete LLB which is usually for three years from a renowned law school and after that they have to do one year of apprenticeship under a senior lawyer.
And finally take a Bar exam which consists of multiple choice questions and appear in a interview of a committee of lawyers. Once the candidate has successfully cleared all these stages he or she will be granted permission by the Provincial Bar Council to practice in lower courts; courts that are lower than High court.
Law Firms in Karachi
There are many law firms in Karachi.
Some specialize only in Banking and Corporate law.
Some in Property and taxation while some very reputable law firms specialize in all fields including family, marital, immigration, customs laws.
Things to Keep in Mind when Hiring a Lawyer in Karachi
- Always check for yourself when hiring a lawyer and don’t just blindly believe in references.
- Check that the lawyers has a license from the Pakistan Bar Council.
- A lawyer that sits in a proper office and has a history of more than 30 years can be trusted.
- Does the lawyer offer free consultation.. if Yes then its a big plus because then it means they are confident about themselves.
- In today’s high tech world, lawyers in Karachi must have a proper, usable and up to date website. After all people all around the world first check out the image of a company on the internet first and then approach the company.
Finding Lawyers in Karachi
- Ask your acquaintances.
- Look for lawyers in the family, or people who have some connection with lawyers, that way you wont have the trust deficit issue.
- Search online… Here are some websites of lawyers in Karachi with their contacts and addresses.
Its always a safer option to contact a lawyer when in need of help regarding financial, property or marriage problems. Instead of just listening to the people around you and working out the easy way, which many people do and then later suffer in silence.
After all we keep hearing stories of child custody, inheritance blunders made by people when they didn’t contact a lawyer.
So if you are in need of help or are confused about an important issue always consult a lawyer before signing papers.