Hey all cricket lovers or to be more precise psl fans so the final is just around the corner, and it’s in KARACHI. WoW! This is something really very very big for Karachi. After almost a decade the Karachi audience is going to witness a big final live here at the National Stadium.
A quick History of National Stadium Karachi
Established in 1955, National Stadium is Pakistan’s 11th first class ground. The inaugural first-class match was played at NSK between Pakistan and India on April 21-24, 1955, and it became a fortress of Pakistan cricket.
The first ODI at the National Stadium was against West Indies on 21 November 1980.
However in the recent years this huge stadium, slowly started to fade away in front of our own very eyes.
Every time I would take a ride to North Nazimabad, I’d look at this huge stadium and wonder, when will we hear the raving cheers of fans, and banners hanging high decorating the entire stadium.
Luckily this psl final of 2018 is finally giving all the loyal Karachiites a chance to witness this.
PSL 2018 Checklist for Going to National Stadium
- Take your ticket and CNIC
- Designated parking areas:
- Federal Urdu University ground
- Ground beside Hakeem Saeed Park
- Sunday Bazaar ground adjacent to Baitul Mukarram Mosque
- Gharib Nawaz Football Ground near Millenium Mall
- China Ground (Kashmir Road)
- KDA Club
- KMC Ground
3.Routes leading to and from Hassan Square and New Town will be closed for traffic on March 25
4.Stadium gates will close at sharp 5 pm
5.The shuttle service will begin at 12 pm.
6. Food and drinks are NOT allowed from outside. You can purchase food items from the car parking areas.
7. However, if you are going with little children it’s handy to carry water and some snacks for the kids but do check with a security personnel.
8. Wear comfortable shoes because there will be long walks till you reach your final destination.
9. Because there is going to be one hell of a crowd I would recommend women especially to wear decent clothes, and not any fancy or expensive jewellery.
10. For your own and others safety, please cooperate with the security personnel.
The winners may be Peshawar Zalmi or Islamabad United but the real winner will be Karachi City!
Enjoy the final and I will keep you updated if I get my hands on any new info.